If you or your organization is interested in supporting the parade through a float sponsorship or donation, please contact Stephen Francescon at 615-872-2407.
To participate in the 2012 Piedmont Natural Gas Nashville Christmas Parade, please complete the APPLICATION along with a design and description of your float or element. Mail your completed application and design, along with your $100 entry fee, to:
Piedmont Natural Gas Nashville Christmas Parade
ATTN: Standards Committee
83 Century Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37214
Please note, the entire $100 entry fee is donated to Share the Warmth.
Applications and designs are due by October 15. Only those floats and elements that meet the Piedmont Natural Gas Nashville Christmas Parade GUIDELINES will be permitted.
Tips for New Entrants
Use your imagination! We’re looking for the very best floats and elements to march through downtown and celebrate the Piedmont Natural Gas Nashville Christmas Parade. So incorporate music, motion and lots of bright lights!
All floats must also promote the official parade theme: A Christmas Salute.
Due to limited space and widespread interest, only the most artistic and inventive float submissions will earn a spot in the parade. The float selection committee will notify all entrants by November 1. Entrants not selected to participate in the parade will have their entire entry fee refunded.
- Santa will make an appearance at the end of the parade. Since there is only one Santa, please make sure he doesn't appear within your float or element.
- Nothing can be thrown from entrants during the parade, but items may be handed out.
- All entrants must apply and be accepted by the Parade Standards Committee.
- Absolutely no smoking or alcoholic beverages while participating in the parade.
- Parade entrants not meeting the agreed upon standards will be pulled prior to the parade.
- If you have made any changes after being approved, you must contact Sherry Perry at 615-872-2305.
- Piedmont Natural Gas is not liable for any injuries incurred before, during or after the parade.
- Floats must be a minimum of 16’ long and a maximum of 60’ long.
- Floats must be less than 14’ high due to overhead restrictions.
- Floats must depict the 2012 parade theme: A Christmas Salute.
- Floats must be fully lighted and incorporate music and/or motion.
- Vehicles towing vehicles must be fully decorated. No “wreath only” décor.
- All parade participants must be dressed festively in holiday attire.
- Walkers accompanying floats are limited to 20.
- Parade route transportation is the responsibility of the entrant.
- Car shows will not be permitted in the parade.
- Vehicles serving as entrants must be fully decorated. No “wreath only” décor.
- All horse entries must be diapered and include cleanup personnel.
- All animals in the parade must be secured at all times and are the sole responsibility of the entrant.