Friday – Dec. 2, 2016
- All day – 5th Avenue will be closed from Demonbreun to Broadway.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Portions of Broadway will be closed from 4th Avenue to 6th Avenue.
Saturday – Dec. 3, 2016
- 2 a.m. to 1 p.m. – 5th Avenue will be closed to unauthorized traffic from Demonbreun to Commerce Street.
- 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Portions of Broadway will close to traffic from 4th Avenue to 6th Avenue.
- 5 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. – Portions of Broadway will begin closing to traffic from 16th Avenue to 1st Avenue Cross traffic on 6th Avenue will be allowed until 8:45 a.m.
- 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Commerce Street will be closed on the block between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue Portions of 9th Avenue between Broadway and Commerce Street also will be closed during this period.
- 5 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – 12th Avenue between Demonbreun and Porter will be closed.
- 5 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Broadway will be closed from 8th Avenue to 16th Avenue for parade assembly.
- 6 a.m. – Side streets from Demonbreun to Church Street will begin closing systematically, along with 2nd Avenue.
- 8 a.m. – Woodland Street Bridge to Interstate Drive will be closed.
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – The remaining parade route will reopen behind the last parade element on a rolling basis as the parade progresses to the base of the Woodland Street Bridge.
All other streets leading to the parade route are expected to be closed throughout the day based on rolling closures with regard to volume of traffic and traffic flow. Parade officials anticipate the parade to last approximately two hours. Streets will reopen immediately following the parade.
For additional information regarding street closures for this event, please contact Rory Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 862-8782.
Pat Nolan DVL Seigenthaler Public Relations, 615-945-2053 | email@example.com
Karen Orne DVL Seigenthaler Public Relations, 662-352-6358 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Wheatley Piedmont Natural Gas, 704-731-4034 | Jason.Wheatley@piedmontng.com
To stay up to date on parade happenings and announcements, visit the Piedmont Natural Gas Nashville Christmas Parade Facebook page at www.facebook.com/nashvillechristmasparade. Additional information for parade-goers also is available at www.nashvillechristmasparade.com.
About Piedmont Natural Gas
Piedmont Natural Gas is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to more than 1 million residential, commercial, industrial and power-generation utility customers in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, including customers served by municipalities that are wholesale customers. Its subsidiaries are invested in joint venture, energy-related businesses, including unregulated retail natural gas marketing, regulated interstate natural gas transportation and storage, and regulated intrastate natural gas transportation businesses. More information about Piedmont Natural Gas is available at www.piedmontng.com.